vendredi 22 août 2014

Collected Department Releases: Ukraine National Day


Ukraine National Day




Press Statement


John Kerry
Secretary of State



Washington, DC


August 22, 2014





On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I congratulate the people of Ukraine as you celebrate the 23rd anniversary of your independence on August 24.




During my most recent visit to Ukraine, I was inspired by the remarkable strength of the Ukrainian people. I walked down Institutska Street and paid my respects to the heroes of the Euromaidan. I saw the barricades, the burned tires, and the bullet holes in the street lamps. But I also saw the flowers and the photographs of the people who gave their lives for Ukraine. I spoke to the men and women of Kyiv who told me of their commitment to a more prosperous, peaceful future for all Ukrainians.




Since your independence, and especially over the past tumultuous year, the people of the United States have stood proudly with the people of Ukraine as you seek a more peaceful, democratic, prosperous, and European future. Whether in Kyiv, Crimea, or Donetsk, the United States is firmly determined to support the right of all Ukrainian people to choose your own path.





The Office of Website Management, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.



Source: Dept. Of State – Releases


    



Collected Department Releases: Ukraine National Day

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire