lundi 4 mai 2015

Africa: Remarks Before Digital Video Conference With Students in Dadaab


Remarks Before Digital Video Conference With Students in Dadaab




Remarks


John Kerry
Secretary of State



UNHCR


Nairobi, Kenya


May 4, 2015




SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you. How are you? Hello, can you hear me? Who’s going to be – who’s going to speak first? I see you nudging. You’re nudging him and you’re nudging him. (Laughter.)


Anyway, let me just say to all of you, thank you very, very much for taking time to share some thoughts with me. I appreciate it very, very much. And thank you for letting me come into your classroom like this. I have great respect for what you’re trying to do under very, very difficult circumstances. And I came to Nairobi yesterday and I’m here today, tomorrow in order to learn more about the difficulties that you’re facing, the challenges, and what we can do to try to be helpful. I really respect the fact that you’re at school, you’re trying to learn. I’m hope you’ll tell me a little bit about what you’re studying and also share with me some of the things that you hope to be able to do and how you think we can help make a difference.


So rather than hear me talk, I’d like to hear from all of you. There are a lot of you there. Who would like to speak first?






The Office of Website Management, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.



Source: Dept. Of State – Africa


    



Africa: Remarks Before Digital Video Conference With Students in Dadaab

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire