mardi 5 mai 2015

Collected Department Releases: Remarks Before Meeting With Civil Society Leaders


Remarks Before Meeting With Civil Society Leaders




Remarks


John Kerry
Secretary of State



PAWA 254


Nairobi, Kenya


May 5, 2015




Well, I will just say that I am incredibly impressed by the energy and the power, the creativity that is in this building, and the — you can just feel, in all of the young people that I met, this amazing sense of possibility. And they are really trying to channel their voices, obviously, into a productive and compelling message about the possibilities of the future for their country and for themselves, as individuals. And it is very exciting to see.


I think the government here is very lucky to have this kind of input to people’s hopes and aspirations, and I think that I want to learn more about it. (Inaudible) already you can just sense the excitement of the possibilities of their participation with society. Yesterday the President actually was very encouraging to me to come here and to meet with everybody, and to get a sense of that.


So, I am encouraged by that, and I look forward to hearing from everybody. Thank you.






The Office of Website Management, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.



Source: Dept. Of State – Releases


    



Collected Department Releases: Remarks Before Meeting With Civil Society Leaders

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire